Our Strategy - ‘Pubs to Be Proud of’
We have defined a mission – ‘to bring people together, to create happy, memorable, meaningful experiences’, which defines what we are here to
do beyond the narrower financial objectives which are clearly set out.
There are three core pillars to our strategy:
- Value for Experience
- Guest Satisfaction
- Digital and Technology
RAISE THE BAR
- Investing in People
- Operational Excellence
- Business Simplification
WE WILL GROW
- More from existing guests and welcoming new guests
- Innovative Acquisition
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
As an organisation we have always maintained a proactive approach to our ESG strategy.
Our environmental team have won numerous awards and our achievements to date are significant:
- First pub company to achieve zero waste to landfill status, with a recycling level of 74%
- All plastic garden furniture is made from 100% recycled products
- Reduced carbon emissions, with all managed and franchised pubs fitted with LED lighting
- We operate our own water licence saving around 50 million pints of water per annum
- We now have rapid charging points for electric cars in 100 of our pubs, one of the largest private networks in the UK.
Our social agenda is similarly important, with the wellbeing of our employees and guests at the forefront of our minds.
This has been particularly relevant during the challenges of the last 12 months:
- Health of our guests: we are sponsors of Drinkaware and we have adopted Government salt and sugar guidelines into our menus.
- Health and wellbeing of our people: we have maintained a strong wellbeing support programme for all of our colleagues during the pandemic with an extensive support and communications programme.
- Local community support: Local Legends campaign recognising local social achievements of our customers.
Whilst we are pleased that we have made good progress on ESG, we recognise that we can do more and have set ourselves firm targets for our ESG strategy for the coming years to further improve on the achievements to date.