- About us
- Our Pubs & Inns
- Gift Cards
Statutory Pubs Code
Pubs Code Regulations 2016 came into effect on Thursday 21st July 2016. Marston's PLC is the landlord of more than 500 tied pubs and is a “pub-owning business” for the purposes of this Act.
We will operate under the provisions of the Pubs Code Regulation and our own company’s protocols.
A copy of the code can be viewed here (PDF 300 KB)
Marston's Pubs Code Compliance Officer - Claire Coley
Any enquires relating to the Pubs Code Regulations 2016, please email email@example.com
Contact the Office of the Pubs Code Adjudicator
- Complete an online enquiry form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0800 528 8080 to request a call back
- Send post to:
Office of the Pubs Code Adjudicator
23 Stephenson Street
Keep up to date with Pubs Code and PCA news
Referrals for Arbitration
There is a difference between a general enquiry and a formal referral to the PCA for arbitration.
Only tied tenants (and the Pub Owning Business in relation to Market Rent Only disputes), or those authorised to act on their behalf, can make a referral.
More information can be found on the PCA’s website
It is important to highlight that the Pubs Code has very strict deadlines connected with rights under the Code and for making formal referrals to the PCA.
- Pubs Code Assignment Protocol (PDF 432 KB)
- Pubs Code Business Development Manager Protocol (PDF 394 KB)
- Pubs Code Business Support Protocol (PDF 380 KB)
- Pubs Code Dilapidations Protocol (PDF 127 KB)
- Pubs Code Internal Complaints Protocol (PDF 100 KB)
- Pubs Code Investment Protocol (PDF 388 KB)
- Pubs Code Maintenance Protocol (PDF 396 KB)
- Pubs Code Maintenance Protocol (Short Term Agreement) (PDF 390 KB)
- Pubs Code Market Rent Only Option: MRO Notice (PDF 120 KB)
- Pubs Code Renewal Protocol (PDF 420 KB)
- Pubs Code Rent Review Protocol (PDF 439 KB)
- Pubs Code Retail Agreement Assignment Protocol (PDF 384 KB)
- Marston’s Code Compliance Report for the year ending 31 March 2023 (PDF 661 KB)
- FAQs: Market Rent Only (PDF 163 KB)