News & updates
A barrel of laughs to help the heroes
Marston’s pubs are supporting Bell’s whisky to launch the Barrel of Laughs campaign, as part of a mission to raise a five-figure sum for Help for Heroes.
23th March 2015
The Barrel of Laughs campaign will see comedians and famous faces take on a one-off challenge to roll a barrel of Bell’s whisky throughout the UK, starting from the Blair Athol distillery in Scotland and closing at the Help for Heroes flagship recovery centre, Tedworth House, in Wiltshire. The activity will be taking place from 23rd to 30th March 2015.
As part of the partnership, Bell’s will be hosting mini pop-up comedy gigs in Marston’s pubs along the route, including Old Colliery in Edinburgh, Tudor Rose in Gateshead, The Red Lion in Manchester and The Fairfield Inn in Birmingham. The gigs provide the pubs with additional customers and a boost for spirits sales whilst also raising money for a very worthy cause.
Mark Carter, Senior Drinks Category Manager for Marston’s Pubs said: “Help for Heroes is such an inspirational charity, we’re proud to be working with them this year on this activity as well as selling Marston’s Help for Heroes beer on our bars. We are pleased to be supporting Bell’s with their Barrel of Laughs tour and know that our customers are going to love the added reason for popping to their local as the gigs hit town!”
North to south and laughing all the way
- Monday 23rd March – The Old Colliery, Edinburgh
- Fred MacAulay headlining
- Support acts: Paul McDougall, JD Brown, Chris Savage, Frazer Letham
- Wednesday 25th March – The Tudor Rose, Gateshead
- Jarred Christmas headlining
- Support acts: Sam Potter, Julian Lee, Martin Semple, Anthony Young
- Friday 27th March – The High Farm, Leeds
- Tom Wrigglesworth headlining
- Support: Dave Rivers, Lulu Reubens
- Saturday 28th March – The Red Lion, Withington, Manchester
- Mark Dolan headlining. Support acts TBC
- Sunday 29th March – Fairfield Inn, Halesowen, Birmingham
- Rufus Hound headlining
- Support: Ben Briggs, Wayne Beese, Michael Crump, Andrew McBurney
Follow their progress at #BellsBol